Psychotherapy Los AngelesCalifornia Pain Medicine Center
Pain can become chronic and this affects a large number of patients. The circumstances of chronic pain forces patients to deal with symptoms that even high quality medical care cannot resolve. Psychotherapy is a different approach that can be successful in helping patients manage pain.
Psychotherapeutic intervention is designed to help patients adjust and overcome living a life with pain. Psychological interventions for chronic pain can treat psychological outcomes such as depression and improve the patient’s quality of life.
The features of psychotherapy for managing pain include:
- Developing behaviors that limit the effects of pain in daily life
- Improving strategies to discourage behaviors that result in pain
- Reducing anxiety and raising the mood of the patient
- Establishing better control of the patient’s body
- Alternative techniques such as hypnosis, meditation, yoga, or biofeedback for mitigating pain
Psychotherapy does not involve the use of drugs and the patient regularly interacts with a trained psychologist and psychiatrist. The patient develops techniques to change unhealthy behaviors or emotions and improve their physical and mental well-being.
California Pain Medicine Center provides extensive psychotherapy services for patients in the Los Angeles area. To discuss your options and schedule an appointment, please call us today.
Live Pain Free
Mon - Fri: 8am - 5:00pm
Sat - Sun: Closed
Holiday Closed Dates
2001 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90404